Thursday 6 October 2016

KEEP YO'SELF IN CHECK



My oh my, this time next week I’ll be up north for the New Zealand Olympic Weightlifting Nationals – what a cool feeling that is!

You know, I almost lost the plot after I qualified. Achieving that goal in itself was a freaking fantastic accomplishment for what has now been six months of training. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to work out anymore, more so the fact that I know placing at Nationals probably isn’t a realistic goal this year, so I’ve had to switch my mindset a little and accept that my ass is going out on that platform to compete only against myself. It hasn’t been all bad though, I’ve been able to take a step back and learn to enjoy training again now that the pressure is off, I can enjoy summer and cruise into next year knowing that the hard grind has been done.

With this in mind, I wanted to share with you all a couple words of wisdom from my fit-girl crushes – things I often read when the going gets tough, if I’m not feeling good about myself – whenever I’m having a moment, to remind me what I’m doing and why I’m doing it. Healthy advice FOR LIFE that we should all read at least once.

You’re not always going to see the progress. You’re not always going to feel great, or even “decent” for that matter. Sometimes you’re going to feel like shit. You’re going to doubt your abilities, doubt your strength and doubt yourself. You’re going to get frustrated and upset because you don’t understand why. It could be for a day, for a week, for a month, who knows. But it will pass. And only then will you realise that it was all a part of it. Part of the learning, building and growing. And you’ll be prepared for the next time things turn to shit. You’ll know to do what you can, when you can, with what you have been handed with all your effort. And you may not see the steps forward that you’re making, but you know for a fact that doing nothing is standing still.
- Mattie Rogers @mattiecakesssss
 
We aren’t bodybuilders, figure competitors, bikini or runway models. We are normal girls who work out with weights and eat a balanced diet full of healthy and nutritious foods to stay in the best shape possible all year round. We call it a Base Body, a body you can maintain not only all year round, but for life. It’s not extreme in any way. It is not our aim to be super lean, we simply want to look and feel fit, strong and healthy. We don’t count calories, we don’t do any fad diets and we don’t do anything extreme for that matter. We love living this way everyday, it keeps us feeling happy, healthy, fit, strong, confident and energised.
- Base Body Babes @basebodybabes
 
It’s all about looking after yourself, loving yourself and listening to your body about what feels right. Sometimes more easily said than done as life throws its punches, but it’s all part of the journey – enjoy it, celebrate every little victory and always take time to reflect on how far you have come.

 photo mama-sig_zpsgafee8qc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment